Note taking---here are some interesting ways to take notes by famous people. Take a look
Sign Up for Class Reminders
What is Chemistry Introductory Video
Click to set custom HTML
REMIND ME UPDATES-
WANT TO JOIN MEYCHEM GROUP
Text @f79gf to 81010
Hints to Help you Succeed in Class
- Make sure the email addresses listed in Skyward (for both student and guardian) are accurate! Sign-up for your teachers class REMIND text!
- Do not allow yourself to fall behind. Concepts build upon prior knowledge, so if you don't do the homework at the beginning of a unit, odds are good that you will struggle with concepts for the rest of that unit because of it.
- Watch the calendar! Units are frequently very short. Generally there is a new test or late-work-deadline (or both) every week. All of these are already marked on the calendar. Being unaware of a deadline will not get you an extension! Add the calendar to your gmail account.
- There will be homework. Every day. Plan on it. We will learn new things. Every day. Plan on it. Choose to be excited to learn new ideas and skills. Polish up your work ethic and enjoy the opportunity to grow, because that is what school is all about.
- Use the resources that are available. All class notes and all handouts are available on this website for viewing or download. There are tutorial applets linked with many concepts as well. Some students find it helpful to print the "printer-friendly" versions of the PowerPoints to take notes on during class. There is an outline-style review posted with every unit. Questions from online homework very frequently appear on unit tests, and can be viewed again later, as long as you did the original assignment on time. The "day-by-day" page for each unit already shows what we will be doing each day so that you can work ahead if you need to. Your teacher is always willing to help you if you are willing to come in and ask questions.